first post - picture (feedback please)

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We are here to get better.
Please give honest feedback, and we will try to improve based on it.
Thanks,

EverLasting Photography - Shelton & Annie Sellers

IMG_0217.jpg

I love the shovel, but not too crazy about the sunrise. neat cloud formations, just dont like the pic.
the first one is great though. good colors, good light; I like it.

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We are just getting into photography and looking to improve our skills.
Just got the camera and are trying to get a feel for it.
And the 2nd picture, we aren't to crazy about either, but what do you think we could of done to improve it, or do you think in general it isn't a very good shot?

Thanks again.

Nothing really pops in #1 to me.

The problem with sunsets is, you need some foreground interest, unless the sunset is just something extraordinary that you rarely ever see. Like silhouettes of interesting things or landscapes in the foreground. In this case you've got a tree line with a small powerline. That's kind of cliche and we see a ton of those on this site. It is a beautiful sunset with lovely cloud formations, but there's no interest in the photo except for that.

These aren't bad though for people who are just starting.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Well thank you very much.
The shovel picture actually looks really amazing when we brightened it and lowered the contrast, but my computer keeps crashing, so we decided just to put in the original, and get some feedback.
And we totally see what you are saying about the sunset picture.
We think it might look better cropped out a bunch.
but thanks again!

I think they both look good, I think the 1st one would look even better if it followed the "rule of 3rds" but not bad! And I feel your pain w/ power lines!

Thank you very much.
We are just starting out.
And are HERE to learn, so can i ask, what is the rule of 3rds??

ok, simply put:
Imagine your picture with a tic-tac-toe board on it. You try to line up key points with the intersections or lines, and it creates really well balanced pics.
I am sure searching for it will turn up much more helpful info!

Most reactions

Back