First post! Portrait of the Adventurer

I really like #1
In my opinion I think a more harsh processing on that picture would generate a more dramatic image.
You could do a variety of different processing on it, but even increasing the contrast would make it stand out more.
Nice photo :)

I like these shots a lot. My only quibble is that the dirt on his face looks staged because the rest of his gear is squeaky clean... but then it IS staged and I'm sure lots of people (including the ones with the money) will like it as is.

Good model, good lighting.

:thumbup: Welcome to TPF! :D

Edited to add: Just looked at your website... you have some AWESOME work there! :D

I really like #1
In my opinion I think a more harsh processing on that picture would generate a more dramatic image.
You could do a variety of different processing on it, but even increasing the contrast would make it stand out more.
Nice photo :)

thank you for your imput! the intent behind these were for more subtle photographs, so i went a little easier on the processing. that being said, no one ever suffered from suggestions/tips for non-destructive processing :lol:

I like these shots a lot. My only quibble is that the dirt on his face looks staged because the rest of his gear is squeaky clean... but then it IS staged and I'm sure lots of people (including the ones with the money) will like it as is.

Good model, good lighting.

:thumbup: Welcome to TPF! :D

Edited to add: Just looked at your website... you have some AWESOME work there! :D

thanks! thanks, I regretted not adding some "dirt" to his arms, but the point about the gear never occurred to me, so thanks! it was staged. this was done at home in the comfort of air conditioning:p

if you follow my blog post you can see how it was done.
Alexander Vs Matthew - "Sports" - Alexander-E

I agree about the model, I looked terrible when I tried to model for those shots:)

thanks a lot!

The lighting is great, really makes the shot(s).

Although, I do agree that it's odd that he looks dirty while the clothing is very clean.

I also enjoy the images but I do feel there is just a bit too much empty space on top.

thanks for the input guys! maybe i will try for a cropped portrait next time. and noted on the clothes. thanks!

Most reactions

Back