What's new

First post!.... Yellow-rumped Warblers!

24megapixseal79 6

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 26, 2024
Messages
254
Reaction score
758
Location
Kansas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After much lurking, I've decided to start posting!

You've all seen the meme:
As you age, it's ridiculous how fast bird-watching creeps up on you. You spend your whole life being 100% indifferent to birds, and then one day you're like "damn is that a yellow-rumped warbler"

I retired, wife and I bought an small RV, and this little camera, and just having a great time, traveling around this great country and enjoying the sights!

My best Yellow-rumped Warblers @ Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Area, Port Aransas TX

Critic WANTED...as I WANT to get better...trust me, I can handle it.

PS, since I'm traveling, Im only using my phone w/Lightroom Mobile (purchased edition) to edit...downloading fullsize jpegs from card via card reader.

1000001338.jpg
1000001336.jpg

1000001337.jpg
 
Last edited:
Welcome to TPF! We're glad to have you!

Wonderful shots. Terrific posture on the first one; an inquisitive little guy! Your depth of field is spot on and the light is lovely.
I retired, wife and I bought an small RV, and this little camera, and just having a great time, traveling around this great country and enjoying the sights!
I envy you!!! That sounds like a blast.

Keep 'em coming!
 
Thanks Terri....I'm really trying to really pay attention to the sun when I'm out...I like it come over my shoulder, between directly behind me to about 45° off to either side.

And try to nail the exposure in camera (less time editing...just crop, tweak, post)
 
Nice first effort!

Have fun and welcome to the forum.
 
After much lurking, I've decided to start posting!

You've all seen the meme:
As you age, it's ridiculous how fast bird-watching creeps up on you. You spend your whole life being 100% indifferent to birds, and then one day you're like "damn is that a yellow-rumped warbler"

I retired, wife and I bought an small RV, and this little camera, and just having a great time, traveling around this great country and enjoying the sights!

My best Yellow-rumped Warblers @ Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Area, Port Aransas TX

Critic WANTED...as I WANT to get better...trust me, I can handle it.

PS, since I'm traveling, Im only using my phone w/Lightroom Mobile (purchased edition) to edit...downloading fullsize jpegs from card via card reader.

View attachment 281674View attachment 281673
View attachment 281675
Great shots! Welcome to the Foruum, and keep posting!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom