What's new

First Post...

jcskeeter

TPF Noob!
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
83
Reaction score
6
Location
Minnapolis, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there everyone. First post on TPF. I don't know if this is the right way to go about this but there wasn't a sticky about it soooo.

Instead of putting photos in the post I'm just going to give you the link to my Flickr. Just looking for critique. Good or bad. I'm game for anything. Thanks for looking.

Flickr Link
 
Ok, so after looking around on here a little more and doing a little reading I learned a few things. People want more information.

I'm a full time videographer/editor for an outdoor television show. Throughout the time that I've been there I have taken photos here and there. We have D80's at work. But I mainly shot in auto or P. I didn't learn much photography with my schooling but a lot of it carries over if you know what to do with the information.

So anyway... About 5 months ago I convinced the wife to OK the purchase of a T2i. Mainly for the reason of taking some nice looking photos of our baby that is due in like 2 weeks. Then I got infected with the photo bug. Since then I have acquired a couple flashes, resurrected some vintage glass that was just laying around at work, bought some Cactus radio triggers and I can't get enough of it.

So that's my background in short. Now don't get me wrong I've always enjoyed taking photos. Obviously that is what I do at work, except at 29.976 "photos" per second. So I'm not just a person that had an extra $1500 laying around and decided I wanted to be a photographer. So I consider myself to be a little more than entry level but with A LOT to learn though. It's never ending.

One of the things I learned about this forum is that people like information. So I didn't put any photos in my post but I would hope that a couple people would jump over to my link and take a peak at what I have. Most of the photos have a little description of what it's about. And obviously for the EXIF "junkies" you can get your fill of: shutter, f-stop, lens and any other thing you want.

Thank you so much for any feed back. It's very much appreciated and I would be willing to return the favor for anyone else. Thanks!
 
If you're looking for critiques you're much better off posting a few pictures at a time. Folks on here are very good about giving constructive criticism for specific images. "Your composition in this image would benefit if you moved the subject like so." "This image is a touch overexposed, as you can see by the blown highlights here and here." By sending people off to an external site with a bunch of images, the best you can expect are general comments (such as if your images are consistently underexposed). Post, say, three images at a time here (where people can see them while typing their critiques), number them for easy reference, and you're much more likely to get useful responses.
 
Yeah I suppose...
Is inserting a Flickr link not allowed on this forum? When I click the Insert Image button and paste the URL, it just gives me the broken image icon??
If I have to, I have to. But I'd rather not spend a bunch of time re-uploading to this account. It'd be easier if I could just link.
What's the trick?
 
People are fast photo junkies, many times they don't want to venture onto another site to view the photos.
I think you should choose a few, and pst here, I did look at your wedding gallery, it was very nicely done. Some great photos.

Above each photo is a Share this tab, does that send individual photos here?
 
Yes! Got It!

#1 Ms. Mogen

This was my first shot at some impromptu portraits with a Nikon 80-200 f2.8 paired up with a T2i. Seeing that this was Nikon glass on a Canon I don't know the exact shot details but I think it was f4 @ 1/60 and probably 80mm.
Strobist: Canon 430EX II on cam boucing off cieling and wall on left. A little nat light coming in from the right side from a window.

#2 Brother Dan

This is my bro. He does photog too. I wanted to try some more formal lighting. Plus I just recieved my radio triggers at the time. :biggrin:
Strobist: 580EXII CL shot into DIY bounce umbrella. White bounce board CR for a little fill. Used a piece of dark stained plywood for BG.

#3 Turbo Otter

Nikon D80 f6.3 1/640 18-135 @135
Location: Northern Saskatchewan

P.S.
How I did it.
Click on the photo in the Flickr stream and click the share button on top. (Thanks Sisco!) Copy the HTML/BBCode. In reply box click on insert Link and paste the HTML/BBCode. BINGO!
 
Your Picture labelled erie sunset is absolutely awesome. I would think that the bottom is under exposed but i wouldn't know where to start when it comes to editing that
 
Thanks! Yeah I guess it's kind of a silhouette thing going on. The sun was super hot and I just metered off that and that's what I got.
I did do some processing on this one and if I remember right I did crush the blacks a little. That was a great sunset that night. Got some good ones.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom