First Product Shot

Destin

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright guys, I couldn't sleep lastnight so I got up at like 2am, and decided to have a quick go at product photography. This is my Nikon N80 film body and my sigma 70-200 2.8. Taken with a borrowed canon 20d and 85 1.8.

Lighting: Sb600 on the floor, lighting the background (a white wall in my bedroom), yongnuo yn460 II bounced into a 32 inch umbrella, high camera left, and another 460 on a stand camera right, about lens level.

Editing: clone stamped and painted out the glass that the tripod foot was sitting on. And did a slight curves adjustment.

1179674870_4XW8U-L.jpg

C&C would be great. What can I do better next time?

I agree with Frequency--there needs to be a highlight on the lens. Also, the camera and lens barrel both need some front lighting--this image is suffering from excessive back-lighting.

I agree with Frequency--there needs to be a highlight on the lens. Also, the camera and lens barrel both need some front lighting--this image is suffering from excessive back-lighting.

I thought about the reflection in the lens and tried a few shots with it, but couldn't get it to look right. But I was also too tired to bother throwing a snoot on the flash for it so that coud have been part of the problem.

Like I said, I was just playing around. I also think it seems pretty noisy too me. I did accidentally leave the 20d (which i borrowed from my friend) set to iso 400, and that is probably why. I'm not familiar with canon's control layout so I had a hard time navigating around the camera lol.

Can't wait to get another Nikon dslr, I sold my d40 2 months ago to upgrade to a D90, but the next day my car broke down and I needed money :( so here I am with nothing but an n80 and some lenses and lighting gear.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back