Olympus | First Product Shoot | C&C

MichaelHenson

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, one of my recent purchases was a used OMD EM-5 and I thought I'd see what kind of shots I could get of it. This is my first attempt at a product shot so I know there are many things that I need to improve upon.

I'm not sure about the fabric for the bottom...I kind of don't like it but I'm not sure that it's horrible? Thoughts?

Shot with my D5200 with my new (to me) Sigma 17-50/2.8 (already loving this lens!)...Lighting setup was just my Yongnuo flash with a Lumiquest softbox (the tiny one that attaches to the flash head) just off camera right and then a piece of styrofoam on the left side just off camera.

Anyway, I'd love some C&C! I have some black acrylic coming in next week...can't wait to do some work with that!

Nothing for me or just too much to get into? :)

I feel like it's cropped a little too tight on the top and right.

I'd clean the bits of dust off near the hot shoe, and I feel that the olympus on the lens cap should be in focus but that is just my view

Thanks for your responses!

I'm not sure how much to show to the right and the top of the frame? It's basically just white space...

And, wow! You've quite the eye to notice that dust! That's an easy enough fix, thanks for point it out!

Any thoughts on lighting improvements? I'm currently using a one light setup and improvising the rest...

Most reactions

Back