480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Spent last Saturday teaching photo classes during a perfect day, so I returned to the scene of the crime Sunday with the 4x5 to both relearn LF as well as test out some used film holders I had received.

First up:

Wood%20Windmill%20post.jpg

• Date/Time: 2015:09:20 12:33:00
  • Camera: Shen Hao HZX 45 IIA
  • Lens: Nikkor 150/5.6 W
  • Exposure time: 0.067 s (1/15)
  • Aperture: f/22.0
  • Light Source: Daylight
  • Metering Mode: multi spot
  • Exposure Mode: Manual
  • Comment: Polarizer filter

In case anyone is interested, I managed a whopping 0.00067 fps.
Chaingun_emoticon.gif

More data needed like film and development method. I would expect higher degree of sharpness from 4x5. On the other hand I would suspect quite a bit of wind judging from the blades of the mill. wind is enemy number one of the large format. Despite small aperture front of the picture is out of DoF, you didn't tilt the lens downwards. Off course I might be dead wrong with this all, but I can see only what in this scan.

Film: Ilford Delta 100.
Development: Ilford DD-X 1+4, 68°F, 12 min. 60 sec agitations.

Image is in focus, the scan has been reduced from 11376x8947 to what you see. Yes it was quite windy, and I wanted the blades to be blurred. It was gusty, so I waited until the wind picked up.

the scan has been reduced from 11376x8947 to what you see.
And that is the problem. I retract anything I said before, impossible to form any opinion.
On the other hand what was your level of fun ?

Fun factor: more than a pack of drunk dogs in a fire hydrant factory.

Film: Ilford Delta 100.
Development: Ilford DD-X 1+4, 68°F, 12 min. 60 sec agitations.

Image is in focus, the scan has been reduced from 11376x8947 to what you see. Yes it was quite windy, and I wanted the blades to be blurred. It was gusty, so I waited until the wind picked up.

How do you scan the negatives? Did you have to clean it up any? Man dust is the bane of my existence here.

I scan with a CanoScan 9000F Mark II.

....., you didn't tilt the lens downwards......

Now that I think about it, I did tilt the front standard forward a bit. But not much as it didn't require much.

But I did use the maximum rise.

....., you didn't tilt the lens downwards......

Now that I think about it, I did tilt the front standard forward a bit. But not much as it didn't require much.

But I did use the maximum rise.
Sounds OK. A little, just enough to keep front plan in DoF. :icon_thumright:

Ahhh, there is nothing like the smell of a ground screen in the morning ... while hiding underneath a large black cloth !!! I miss those days ... and printing with humungous negs.

Great start Ken.

Maybe it's me but the house seems to be leaning to the right

Most reactions

New Topics

Back