First Real Try

Bruce_h

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there, I took people advice and went out and actually tried to shoot something rather than just sit around talking about it. A friend and I went out and did a little spring dirt biking. I was so concerned about speed and aperature that I didn't notice my ISO was at 800. I believe this leads to the noise you can see in the riders sweater, and in the sand bank on pic 5.

I haven't had any time to crop these (my hand is just in #1 trying to stop flaring) or anything so here there are. Please feel free to break them down and give me advice. Cheers!

1. Scenery shot
DSC01658.jpg

DSC01640.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01566.jpg

5. Provided to show what I believe is noise from improper ISO.
DSC01619.jpg

Thanks to anybody who can comment to help me out!

Not bad.
#1 is nice, just remember to use a lens hood next time.
#2 is overexposed by at least one stop, more like 1 1/2, fix that in exposure compensation or on your comp
#3 is good. Try to avoid the wires if possible.
#4 is good.
#5 What do you mean with too much noise? It looks fine.

Not bad.
#1 is nice, just remember to use a lens hood next time.
#2 is overexposed by at least one stop, more like 1 1/2, fix that in exposure compensation or on your comp
#3 is good. Try to avoid the wires if possible.
#4 is good.
#5 What do you mean with too much noise? It looks fine.

Thanks for the feedback! Now that I see #5 at that size it doesn't look noticeable, but at full size it is really noticeable in the sand.

The clouds kept coming and going so it really made it challenging for me but I'm reasonably happy with them. Look forward to taking a bunch more.

Most reactions

Back