Randi
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Aug 30, 2009
- Messages
- 8
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
First use of a DSLR, so just one shot for now.

Man what a shot though! Major close up... of a RAT! 
Since you used the popup flash in this shot try it again at f/11 or higher and you'll get a a deeper DOF and the eyes might be in focus. Use Manual Mode and set the shutter speed and aperture yourself...set the shutter speed to 125 and the aperture to f/11 or higher, the flash should use the appropriate power to expose the shot properly.No, and to be honest, it never really occurred to me to do so. I will have to play around with it and see if I can improve it in that way. You're right about needing to focus on the eyes, but it is difficult for me to do so when I'm trying to catch them when they're still... they are quick little guys. Thanks!
He is awesome!First use of a DSLR, so just one shot for now.
![]()
Since you used the popup flash in this shot try it again at f/11 or higher and you'll get a a deeper DOF and the eyes might be in focus. Use Manual Mode and set the shutter speed and aperture yourself...set the shutter speed to 125 and the aperture to f/11 or higher, the flash should use the appropriate power to expose the shot properly.No, and to be honest, it never really occurred to me to do so. I will have to play around with it and see if I can improve it in that way. You're right about needing to focus on the eyes, but it is difficult for me to do so when I'm trying to catch them when they're still... they are quick little guys. Thanks!