First roll of Crap!!!!!

rh8881

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, So I got a my first SLR camera a Canon T2 with a q-ray 28-90mm lens. I was messing around with it to make sure I wanted to keep it. I took a roll of shots and I got 8 our of 24 exposures to come out. All the rest were greyed out and couldnt be developed. I used the preset settings, and took pictures out side. It was kind of a muggy day but it wasnt that bad. What could be the problem, if this is the type of pictures I can expect then I am going to return it!!!

Without seeing the roll, it's really hard to say what might have happened. You could have inadvertantly exposed part of the roll to light.

You might want to take the roll back to the lab and show it to someone to get an idea (or three). If you got some good exposures, something was working somewhere. But someone needs to take a look at for you. Either the lab or the store where you picked up the camera from. Don't panic just yet - get some info. This is how we learn. :)

I wish I could but I cant. The ones that came out were of Great quality!!!! But the rest were a brown grey color. I was just taking Land scape shots with the land scape setting. This is real annoying. I am going to use another roll and then see it it changes at all!

The guys at the photo shop said they didnt know why they didnt come out!

sounds like it might be the camera. also quantarray lenses are crap.

thebeginning said:
or they developed the pictures incorrectly. try another roll at another developer if you can.

I am Thanks beginning!

You may want to document you settings as you shoot so you can evaluate your results vs settings post processing for the next roll. It may help. Also, What film type and speed were you using?

I highly doubt it was the place that developed it as half the roll came out... But for some reason, everyone likes to blame the lab.

It sounds like the settings were wrong. I couldn't tell you why. Maybe the battery isnt working too well?

I am using fugi 200 film, The guy said that it would be good for shooting outside. I got all my equipment from Ritz camera, so i assumed he knew what he was talking about. Oh well I am going to go today and get another roll shot and see if anything changes!!! Thanks for all you suggestions!!

Kind of sounds like a shutter speed problem as well. If the camera shutter is working at some speeds and slow or fast at others that could explain a few things, although it is a newer camera so it shouldn't have a shutter problem. I know you were using preset settings but the mtering could be the problem too. Make sure you point the camera directly at what you wanna take a picture of to get the right exposure, sometimes the meter averaging in modern cameras takes bright parts of the frame into too much consideration when metering the scene, this could leave the darker areas ggeyish with poor detail and contrast. But yeah we would really need to see the pictures...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back