First Round of B&W - C&C if you'd like

you guys are killing me :lol:

i agree, she's working her eye quite well...

but.. she wouldn't even be able to get to those locations if i wouldn't have driven her there !!!!

so there!!

it's quite interesting seeing our photos side by side.

we went to the locations together. we have the same cameras. our settings were the same on both.

so the only differances are what we were focusing on.. pretty cool to see the variances.

i like # 3 the best. i'm jelous. it was our first shot of the day. hers has detail on the elevated platforms but mine was void of detail.

probably from what our individual cameras were focused on, which then affected the metering? because our settings were the same for that shot.

My wife and I take photo's together ... we both see the same subject in our own ways ... hmm, I think that extends beyond just photography :meh:

^ And I kick his butt most of the time LOL!

But seriously, if you were both shooting the same image with the same settings - and this gets into the finer points of using your meter, which you've heard some people mention already - if you have the meter pointed just a wee bit differently from how she does, the exposure will turn out differently by a bit, and there ya go. That will happen if you guys are standing just a few feet apart from each other.

Not really a fan of the second photo, but love the rest of them; very nice for such a young novice! I was about your age when I got MY first "real" (SLR) camera...MANY years ago. I hope that you stick with it, go to school like you're planning and really pursue it. I let it drop off the radar for far too long, and now that I've moved back from a point-and-shoot to a DSLR, I'm having to re-learn a lot of things I let slide over the years.

Keep learning, keep shooting...you're off to a great start!

And you really ARE kicking your dad's butt for quality. Except for the Park Hotel photo; I like both of them, but have to admit, I'd give the edge to your dad's on that. But your others are way better than his versions.

No offense, naptime! ;)

^ And I kick his butt most of the time LOL!

I really do not like to hijack threads, but ... No you don't.

... back to the subject ....
Different focal points and different angle of view (lens focal length) can change an image dramatically.

Your daughter sees a different story through the viewfinder.

#3 is awesome. I like how the tracks "end" at the foreground and the overpass in the background. Kidlet or not, this is awesome!

Ahhh! someone I can relate to! I too am 16!

I love your shots! They have that old timey look to them, which I am a big fan of. Not to be cliché.... but I LOVE #3!
Keep it up!

1. I told her 3 would be a great shot. I was kneeling down for mine. She was standing for hers, two feet to my left. She nailed it. But mine is dark and lacks detail.

2. Asia, you are grounded. And banned from TPF. From now on you are not allowed to post. Go find your own forum.

Last edited:
oh shoot...

upon further inspection, i think our negatives got mixed up. these are actually my shots.

;) hey, it was worth a try :lol:

2. Asia, you are grounded. And banned from TPF. From now on you are not allowed to post. Go find your own forum.

Careful, she might head over to photo.net where the real ​photographers hang out!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back