First Sandhill's

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First one's I've seen this year. I have been hearing them the last couple of days and I see some have dug up my front yard to get at the worms. Well today they made an appearance. Terrible framing but it does show their beauty. XPro2, 100-400 with 1.4 TC. Man, I need some practice at this kind of stuff.

SH Cranes 318E.jpg

Unusual creatures. They had a couple dozen of them at one of the places we stayed in FL this year. I soon learned to hate them as they seemed to always choose right outside our bedroom window every morning at daylight to make those weird noises.

I heard our friendly neighbourhood Sandhill Cranes, the ones of which I earlier posted photos, a couple times over the last couple weeks. Didn't see them, though. Next time I see 'em when the light's right I'll take new shots with the 40D and the better tele lens I now have.

Very nice.

I love their calls. I always describe them as what I would expect a pterodactyl to sound like.
Thanks. I agree. My dog would chase fox, deer, coyotes, and squirrel. He pays zero attention to sandhill crane. Have no idea why. He walks up near to them but the two species ignore each other. That seems odd to me.

Very nice. They are at the top of my list this year.

One time a whole bunch of 'em showed up in our back yard...

P3210034-shrp2.JPG

(Quality isn't great, I know. We never did much like that camera.)

ETA: WTH?!?! Photo shows up in edit but not on the page?!?!

Most reactions

Back