What's new

First set of photos, C&C?

IRoman

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 18, 2010
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
NC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are the 1st few pics that I have ever really taken with the intent of capturing something. They are B&W film that I scanned in. I made a few edits using Arc Soft.

Any thoughts?

img003.jpg



img002.jpg

Old Town Alexandria

3-15-2010_010.JPG

Masonic Temple in Alexandria

3-15-2010_009.JPG

I cant really tell you what I was going for here, but I liked something about this picture. Im not sure what the grain is about though...

3-15-2010_008.jpg

I wanted to make this one dark, I think I went a little too far, maybe not?

3-15-2010_002.jpg

This is my old Mustang, I'm kinda happy about how this turned out


Also, most of these photos are in my TPF gallery, how come they wont link up as big? I tried to use photobucket, and it does the same thing


img002.jpg
 
Last edited:
Anything?
 
Had a very quick play with first shot, i think it looks a bit more B+W
811155036_vwXAM-L.jpg
 
I really like the first one. I don't think it would have worked out so well in color. The shot of your Mustang is unique as well, but the rest I could care less about.

#2 - The guard rail ruins it.
#3-#5 I don't like because there isn't enough contrast and too much dead space with the sky especially in #3. #4 the tree doesn't have enough definition to make it interesting and its just blocking the chapel.

gsgary - i liked the original better but great job on the edit.
 
Thanks guys
 
Yeah number 1 is definately the strongest.
Be careful what you cut off or include around the edges of the picture. Like others said the guardrail is distracting. And the second temple shot the top is almost/is touching.

Good overall though. I just shot my first roll of b&w. just waiting for it to be processed.

-Gian
 
Photos 1 & 2 are taken of the same subject, just minutes apart from each other. It never ceases to amaze me how one moment and a few feet of difference can make such a difference in the feeling of the shot...

I know some of it is luck and "being in the right spot at the right time," but there are some who really have this 'feelin' inside of them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom