First shot at "Urban Decay" ish tpye shots

Stradawhovious

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went out on a little photo-safari today to escape the snot nosed brats that are running my house (Really.... I think they are out to get me.... I have to sleep with one eye open....), and I came across an abandoned army barracks. It was a pretty cool scene with lots of buildings, but the fact that there was a dense thick cloud cover, and thick fresh snow on the roofs made for some real contrast issues........ For example, you can't determine where the roofline ends and the sky begins. It was frustrating. Also, being that the cloud cover was so very thick, a lot of the color and contrast was missing from the originals.

Long story short, I did what I could, and came up with these. These are shots of the Officer's Quarters.... or at least what's left of them. I would have loved to get inside, but I'm pretty sure breaking and entering on what is still active US Armed Forces property isn't a real good idea. Especially when that property shoulders up against an international airport. :lol:

#1 is by far my personal favorite of the three.

DSC_5858color.jpg

DSC_5834.jpg

DSC_5833.jpg

Yeah, The first one wasn't washed out by the sun like the others. If the sun was actually shining, the first would have been in the shade, the other two would not have. It's amazing the effect the sun can have, even through thick cloud cover.

Yeah, The first one wasn't washed out by the sun like the others. If the sun was actually shining, the first would have been in the shade, the other two would not have. It's amazing the effect the sun can have, even through thick cloud cover.

yeah agree with you there, first shot almost looks like an HDR image

I like the dullness, the blandness, of the first shot. The second and third have kind of poor handling of the larger snow-covered areas, and do not appear as strong, technically.

they're all pretty much the same picture, but the last two are just overexposed. you should use the first one, but take more different shots.

First one is definately the best, and the last two have some exposure issues.

Regards,
Jake

Most reactions

New Topics

Back