First shot of the Golden Gate

Desi

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So many times I've driven over this bridge, marveling at it's beauty and thinking how cool it would be to stop and take a picture....but something always gets in the way. This weekend I managed to cross the bridge without kids in tow and just as the sun set. I had just enough time to hike out and set up the tripod.

I'm pretty happy with how the shot came out, it being my first time....but I wonder if anyone has suggestions on doing it better.

Does anyone have a favorite spot for shooting the bridge from?

I was bummed that the trans-america building got cut off...I wish I had had more time to compose the shot better. I find an excuse to go to San Francisco about once a year.....so I'm looking forward to that next time.

Feel free to put your shots in this thread.

Desi

Golden Gate Bridge 2 by Desi595, on Flickr

I like it.

I am also interested in hearing about the best spots to shoot from. I am heading there in December and would like to have a plan :)

What an iconic shot. Looks very nice to me!
I have seen some shots from the other side of the bridge and from the ocean side, looking back at bridge. They are beach level, so a little wave action is in there.
Do not know the location, just seen photos (maybe on this forum?)
nice job.
Nancy

I love this bridge! The tone of the red is unique! I really like this image. I am wondering if it was possible to find a better angle where you could avoid the bottom left of the image. I love the background, but I would love to see the entire bridge. At any rate, great shot.

Beautiful image of a bay area icon, well done.

Very cool, I went to SF for the first time in May. What a great city, I loved driving over that bridge.

I love this bridge! The tone of the red is unique! I really like this image. I am wondering if it was possible to find a better angle where you could avoid the bottom left of the image. I love the background, but I would love to see the entire bridge. At any rate, great shot.

There is a road along the headlands, and, it seems, a trail that can be hiked closer to the water. There are many different vantage points. I hiked out as far as I could before the light said "stop and shoot". I would have liked to have a slightly lower vantage point.

I think a lot of the iconic bridge shots are taken from much closer, perhaps at the first vista point.

I got shots of the whole bridge, but I'm not quite happy with them. They seem to minimize the bridge. I think I needed to be closer.

Glad you are enjoying the shot

Desi

Most reactions

Back