First shots with Lumix LX5

Astairical

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first picture was shot with an ISO 100 in the Aperture Priority mode of my LX5, with a 1/60 shutter speed, and the second was the same, but with ISO 80. I don't know why the second photo is so blurry; it looks fine from a distance but when zoomed in all the detail is lost. I shot them in RAW format and edited the second one a little bit in photoshop, made it more vibrant, etc. Still, though, I know I'm doing a lot of things wrong, I just don't know what.
1Ns5qxD.jpg

p86Iz5j.jpg

I'm not familiar with the camera, so I can't speak as to why -- but these photos are out of focus, which is why they are blurry.

Could be some camera movement/motion blur involved as well. ISO 100 is probably way to low for the available light.

I'm not familiar with the camera, so I can't speak as to why -- but these photos are out of focus, which is why they are blurry.
Oh, snap, I know there's way for my camera to tell me whether they're in focus or not but I can't seem to figure it out. :/ Thanks though!

Could be some camera movement/motion blur involved as well. ISO 100 is probably way to low for the available light.
Would adjusting the shutter speed help with the blur? And what ISO would be good for lighting such as that?

??? Hard to say without being there. Yes, a faster shutter helps with blur. They might just be out of focus.

Are you too close without the 'macro' turned on? Looks like camera shake in the second picture.

Most reactions

Back