First shots with my 20d

kpsmithuk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I didn't want to re upload the pictures to a new thread as already put them up in a different post.

These are my first shots using my 20d in Av mode using an fd mount 28-200 macro zoom.

Please feel free to offer advice/praise/criticism

I'm learning on the slr side of things so taking all advice I can get.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2963478

If a admin could copy/move my post to here that would be good also

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Cross posting is a no-no

I had a feeling they were slightly underexposed will have to work on that still getting used to getting the aperture set correct so they come out right without editing. I have the raw files so may sort the exposure out on them then i can see where i need to be. I didn't think the blur was to bad. The grey cat was deliberately focused on the face with the rest out of focus. I may have introduced a bit of blur through camera shake though as was free hand so no tripod, only disadvantage of those lenses is that they are heavy beasts to keep steady.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

They are all very underexposed and are also very blurry.

Hmm i can solve the unintentional blurring but having issues with the exposure in av mode.

Even using a large aparture like 1.8 I'm struggling to get the exposure right on indoor/lower light shots.

I'm playing with the flash at the moment to see if that helps. I guess there is a subtle difference between an acceptable image to the layman and a "good" image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back