IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

Let me know what you think

Just my personal point of view. (still a newb)

I think I will position the red bridge off the center for the 1st photo such as a little toward the left side and a little bit toward the bottom.

I like the turtle in the 1st photo. It seems like he want to say something. :)

2 and 7 are my favorites
on 2 I like how my eyes goes directly to the bridge, well centered image.
on 7 I like details on petals and the color..
Just a newbie opinion...
#1 I think too much going on that the bridge got lost in all that green around it. but you got it for #2... Cool.
The last image in my opinion is too close...

Your thread was moved to the correct place, i.e. our galleries, which are for photo presentation, and they're there for all members, newcomers to the forum, newcomers to the hobby, old-timers, pros, semi-pros and so on and on. The Beginners' Place is a Q&A-forum, ok?

The nicest photo her (to my mind) is the one that also is greenest! :D

Don't put too many photos into one and the same thread, people will stop commenting, more so when the pics take a while to load. Few have time enough to wait for a thread with 15 photos to load!

I think you are in Japan, and i am Jealous.
I think that most of those shots, other than the caterpillar, could use a little bit of sharpening.
I find those quite noisy actually how high was the ISO.

The caterpillar shot is great!

The rest, so-so, you just need practice, practice, practice - and read books on photography!

Well actually I was in AL lol at a japenese garden and the iso was set on 1600 I forgot to lower it before I started shooting I will admit i am a newb so I still make small mistakes when shooting

That caterpillar one is my fav, haha it's so cute on there!

I got myself an XTI last year before Christmas, I gotta say, it takes some getting used to the camera when it's your first SLR (not sure if it's your first?). You forget little things like the iso, like you had mentioned there, but you'll get used to it with practice :p

The Che Guevara one incites a lot of emotion for me. Perhaps it would be a better subject in black and white, where the photo is really about the emotion of the person who painted him on the wall (obviously a passionate person to endorse his viewpoints so much as to paint Che on a wall).

I think some of your photos lack a "wow" factor, as do most of mine. But that's not bad. You seem to be grasping some of the more fundamental techniques (not rules) of composition, and that is good. The caterpillar and the Che Guevara ones are my favorites (which is funny, cause I get two totally different feelings from them, lol). I will second what people say about putting things in the very center of your image (the center of an image is kind of a no-man's land for exciting, eye-drawing objects), but other than that, they show good comprehension of basic composition, and are probably better than I could have done!

Edited to add: With the Che Guevara ones, you could do it in black and white, and then add selective coloring in for each of the different pictures of him, each in a different color! Its not my photo to do that with, but I bet it would really give off that, "Viva revolution!" feeling he's all about.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back