First submission

JDB1911

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As the title implies, this is my first submission. I wasn't excited about the cloudy sky waiting for the sun to rise, but I think it made for a great effect.

Nice. It seems there are always clouds that start to break up as soon as the sun comes up. They really do make the shot!

Hhmmm...I don't really think this shot is "bad", however I think if you had of framed it a bit different, it would have been considerably better. The clouds do have some visual interest, however IMO, I don't think it's enough to really warrant the domination of 2/3's of the image. If the sky had more color or a bit more drama...maybe...but as is, I just don't think they're strong enough to really carry the image. Your use of thirds with the horizon is good, but you need a better "subject" or singular focal point for the viewer's attention. Without actually seeing the scene there, I think I would have opted for one of two things...I either would have had a lot more beach and waves in the shot (and put the horizon & sun in the upper third) or I might have used a long zoom to get more of the sun in the shot and made that the dominant subject.

Just my own opinions...please use them as such.

I did take about fifty shots with different compositions. Some with less zoom, some with more. There were a lot of people off to my right, I was trying not to include them in this shot. I do appreciate the input from you both.

Most reactions

Back