First Sunrise Photo with New Camera (C&C Please)

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I LOVE MY NEW CAMERA!!!! All-caps a must when stating that!

Sunrise.jpg

Just a tad adjustment in color would bring out a more dramatic shot. It is nice tho. Have fun with the new camera.:thumbup:

Btw, why did you choose to hide the sun behind the tree ? It did create a nice silhouette though..

My edit is close to Kalni's
Sunrisecopy.jpg

The two edits seem to lack the saturation that is typical for this level of sunset, which is probably what attracted the OP to the scene. Way too bright imo. If you just look at the blue section of sky, it almost reads as full day light.

The two edits seem to lack the saturation that is typical for this level of sunset, which is probably what attracted the OP to the scene. Way too bright imo. If you just look at the blue section of sky, it almost reads as full day light.

Okay then how about this -

sunriseoz.jpg

I stand by my original edit, if anything a bit more saturation is needed. Also I've seen blue skies like this during a sunrise.

Btw, why did you choose to hide the sun behind the tree ? It did create a nice silhouette though..

Because if there was direct sunlight going into the camera lens without any kind of modifiers, the photo would have been terrible and lacking contrast... Unless you like TEH LENZ FLAIR.

But since he did position the tree in the line of sight of the sun, it made for a nice silhouette, and it benefited compositionally from it.

'dats why.

Never mind tyler, I just noticed I had answered by own question :)

Maybe this?
Sunrisecopy2.jpg

This photo was not the only one I captured, but it was the one I liked the best. The place I bought the camera from wanted me to go out, take some photos, print them out and bring them in along with questions. The only problem is, I've been hanging here so much, I can't think of any questions.

Thanks for all the edits, they are fun to look through...

Most reactions

Back