First time C&C, first DSLR

allthingsapple

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I've decided to lose my C&C virginity, so to speak. I just got my first DSLR ever--a brand new Canon T2i with a 50 mm 1.4 lens. Most photos were on auto, but a few of them I was turning dials and pushing buttons just to experiment. Really not too sure what I'm doing at this point, so I was probably more aware of trying to get nice composition than correct exposure. I have sooo much to learn, but have to start somewhere! Any and all comments would be most appreciated. And if 8 is too many photos to post at once, please tell me and I'll narrow it next time...

Attachments

• $Flags-small.jpg
    $Flags-small.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 187
  • $light-small.jpg
    $light-small.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 164
  • $gate-small.jpg
    $gate-small.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 159
  • $smoker-small.jpg
    $smoker-small.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 199
  • $church-small.jpg
    $church-small.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 174
  • $mannequin-small.jpg
    $mannequin-small.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 174
  • $santafe-small.jpg
    $santafe-small.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 168
  • $window-small.jpg
    $window-small.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 154
Hmmm....sorry, I thought I knew how to imbed them like everyone else......guess I still have MUCH more to learn than just taking good photos! LOL

The one of the kid smoking is really cool. Good composition, subject, and good choice on the black and white. Nice work!

I agree the kid smoking is the best, there is also something about the first one that jumps out at me. Good work.

Thanks for the positive feedback. It's so funny--the "smoker" shot was the most impromptu of the bunch...no planning, no set up, etc...I just rounded the corner and there he was. So much for trying to "compose!" LOL

Anyone else have any constructive comments? I know I have SO much to learn from peope here...I would really value the input at this very early stage of my development. Plus, I am totally excited to learn from others who have way more experience than me.

Finally, all of these photos are posted as attanchments, vs. appearing as images within the context of my first posting. Everyone else seems to know how to do this....are they first uploading to flickr (or a similar site) and then posting here? I really want to get rid of the attachment method but still don't know how........:(

i use photobucket to upload several pics at once on forum. Hi! Golden, CO here. Be careful when shooting with wide open. Your photo may have chromatic aberration. If you look at your last image, you will see magenta right on the edge of the show. It can be fixed on post processing.

the way the images are cropped leaves something to be desired. Try not to crop so tight into the image. for example the church, if you had gotten the entire building from bottom to the top of the cross would have made for a great image i think. my .02

i use photobucket to upload several pics at once on forum. Hi! Golden, CO here. Be careful when shooting with wide open. Your photo may have chromatic aberration. If you look at your last image, you will see magenta right on the edge of the show. It can be fixed on post processing.

Wow--I never would have even noticed! Thanks for that. Given that I've never even heard of "chromatic aberration," I will go look it up. As of now, my working definition of it is "magenta colored snow." LOL

Also, vpatel...you raise a very good point. I am so new to this and trying my hand at what I think "looks good." Clearly there is something about cropping and focusing on pieces of images that I'm drawn to, but I absolutely get your point. I'll have to tell myself from now on to "STEP AWAY FROM THE IMAGE!" :lol:

Thanks again for the feedback.......

Most reactions

Back