First Time Double Exposing

itsjustbreality

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!

I have tried double exposure for the first time. I'm trying to figure out what's the best order of images is, or how to make them 'meld' more cohesively. This is my first attempt anyways! If you have any tips, please send them my way!

This one was with a vase of flowers:
1488217346752.jpg

This one I used a vase of flowers and a sheer window curtain:
1488217352091.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Cool!

All my opinion:
  • I think you did a great job, especially for this being your first one
  • I feel like this would work in landscape, as well (see below). I don't think the negative space at the top and bottom add anything to the image in portrait orientation.
  • I tend to like the color version better; I like the color rendering. Although, I think it looks ok in B&W, too! I feel like the B&W loses a bit of the dreamy feeling that the color version has...
  • The vertical leaf/stem in the guy's head is a little distracting, and I can't stop looking at it :)
1488217346752.jpg

Cool!

All my opinion:
  • I think you did a great job, especially for this being your first one
  • I feel like this would work in landscape, as well (see below). I don't think the negative space at the top and bottom add anything to the image in portrait orientation.
  • I tend to like the color version better; I like the color rendering. Although, I think it looks ok in B&W, too! I feel like the B&W loses a bit of the dreamy feeling that the color version has...
  • The vertical leaf/stem in the guy's head is a little distracting, and I can't stop looking at it :)
View attachment 135764

Thank you! Great tips! Yeah- the more I look at it, the more the leaf stands out! I wonder if I could soften it up a little in LR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

Back