first time playing with candles

vonnagy

have kiwi, will travel...
Reaction score
Website
www.vonnagy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
since they haven't been put to romantic use for a while i decided to try and take an interesting shot with em. Nope, no tripod either (friend borrowed it) and this the only pic which wasn't super blurry. i tried. :roll: :D

guitar.jpg

0"3 sec
4.5 ap
Canon D10

I like the shot but it looks to me as though it's two pics melded.
The main reason is that the guitar looks way too large in relation to the candles.
Can't be me, I only just opened this bottle.

Its an ok shot, but lacks some extra interest. It is some candles and a guitar for the Jolly Green Giant. No really interesting shadows, depth, or lighting though.

I like it. I think the complaints about the scale aren't realizing how tiny the candles are. They are probaly about .5 inches deep and about 1.5 inches in diameter. I think they are called votive or votif candles (but I could be way off).

Nice photo. I've been wanting to do some candle-light stuff with my son and his guitar.

I was just thinking about my response about the size of the candles being smaller than they seem and I realized that it really doesn't matter what the reality is. If someone gets the feeling that the guitar is huge, then that's the visual response they get - no matter what the reality is, and that is what photos are all about.

OK - I'm done arguing with myself now. No I'm not! Yes I am. :lol:

thank for the feedback!

funny thing is that its a minature classical guitar and the candles are those tiny cooking candles.

No really interesting shadows, depth, or lighting though.

how would you take or set up the shot if you had the same candles and guitar? just curious -how would you make it interesting? First time i've set up a shot like this so i'd like to know how to improve.

cheers all and thanks for the comments!

vonnagy said:
thank for the feedback!

how would you take or set up the shot if you had the same candles and guitar? just curious -how would you make it interesting?

How about tossing in a really curvy bare naked model :eek: Oh did I type that?

My initial response was that the shot was warm and mellow. I didn't notice the scale issue. I like the juxtaposition in the shapes of the objects.

I think they are called tea lights, btw

Most reactions

New Topics

Back