First time Poster

Sibo04

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi Guys and Gals

Noob to the forum and the world of photography. Just got my dslr and took a couple of night pics, Would love any constructive criticism on this one which was my fav http://www.flickr.com/photos/32500912@N08/3030018303/sizes/l/

Lots more to come i'm sure as i learn the ropes, Any tips on taking city night pics much appreciated.

Cheers

Not bad for a start. The composition is interesting, but the picture doesn't harmonize for me. The building on the left is too bright. I would crop the middle part out and post it as a stand-alone pic.

Maybe something like this:
testfe3.jpg

I'm looking forward to see more from you! All the best! (And Welcome to the Forum too)

Cool thanks Mersad, Looks better cropped i agree. Any ideas how to stop that building coming out too bright using a slow enough shutter speed to get the traffic trails?
Had the same problem on some other pics i took aswell.

With this pic it would be hard, because you have a very dark background, a well lit street and very bright buildings. It's hard to compose it. You have to decide what will be the focus. If it's the building then the street will have to be somewhat darker. But it always depends on the framing etc.

I like the pic cropped down. I'll see what I can do with the lighting of the foreground buildings in the original once I return home. Did you happen to capture the pic in RAW?

No only have the jpeg unfortunately

The light dynamics are too wide and large from the point of view you took when you took your original photo, I'm afraid, so that either the buildings in the foreground would always be too bright or the part that's the background would become too dark. Neither of the two would/does make you happy, I'm afraid. Hence, Mersad's crop focuses on the lower lights and hence works. Cropped down, I find this is a very fine example of night time photography!!!

Awesome shot I loved the cropped version. cant wait to see more post from ya.

Most reactions

Back