First time posting C&C Please

sly677

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first time posting photos, I would like to hear what people think and see what could be improved. Thanks for looking...and not being too harsh.

3368808775_0b5c54b3e1_b.jpg

3368810221_fffda6d110_b.jpg

3368809209_95b792ffe9_b.jpg

The second picture is very neat and very original. The first and the third, I think the shallow dept of field might be an overkill. Sometimes the relevant background help with the subject.

1st: Interesting but doesn't really do much for me.
2nd: I like the concept but I think it would be cooler if you couldn't see someone's hand.
3rd: I like this one the best, I think it would be interesting to see the actual break of the branch and all the fibers very close up.

The second picture is very neat and very original. The first and the third, I think the shallow dept of field might be an overkill. Sometimes the relevant background help with the subject.

Thanks, I like how the second one turned out. The third one really started out with me just trying out my new 50mm lens, hence the reason why the DOF is so shallow...I liked how it turned out though. I can see how it may be overkill.

Thanks for the comments I appreciate it.

1st: Interesting but doesn't really do much for me.
2nd: I like the concept but I think it would be cooler if you couldn't see someone's hand.
3rd: I like this one the best, I think it would be interesting to see the actual break of the branch and all the fibers very close up.

2nd: I thought that to, but decided against it. I played around with it and the match just hanging in mid air didnt feel right to me. I do have a few more of the same serie in which the hand is less visible, but I liked that the flame was casting a little bit of light on the rest of the image, I think it completes it a bit more.

3rd: You're right it would have been interesting...I hadn't thought of it at all.

Thanks for the input.

1. The lines of the bridge are way more interesting than the bolts in focus, and since you have such a shallow DOF, you're basically telling me to look at the bolts. Think about what you're trying to have the viewer see, especially with shallow DOF, and think about the elements of composition when framing.
2. Concept is good, as mentioned above the hand is distracting.
3. In my opinion, the stick does not dominating the frame like it should. If you want to showcase the snap, get in closer, and have less negative space with the background. I don't think the lines are very interesting either. Good photos use these lines to steer the viewers eyes, and these just push the focal point to that dominant white on the bottom.
Hope this helps you out some, post some more!

Most reactions

Back