First time shooting a person, C+C please

Misfitsracing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Houghton, MI (two miles past the end of the earth)
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, people have made it into my pictures before, but this was one of the few times I was shooting with the intent of capturing a person. Nothing really great, as this was a spur of the moment snapshot while I was sitting across from my sister, though I though it was enough that I could get some criticisms for the next time I am shooting a person.

Unprocessed, just set the WB and Cropped:
BethFlower.jpg

Because of the skintone, I decided that I would desaturate the image a whole bunch and bring out the blues:
Bethblue.jpg

-Walt

not feeling the second, but the first one, since she is looking to the left, i'd crop to position her to the right of the picture. Makes it more pleasing to the eye. Sometimes, it's intentional that the person is in the middle, but in this case, i don't see the intent.

Why not process the skintone and see what you can come up with?

BethFlower-e.jpg

I realize this was a candid shot. When you do a profile shot, a tip would be to ask the subject to look a little to the left instead of straight. This will cause the pupil/iris to fill some of the white of the eye while still giving the impression that the subject is looking straight. This will avoid the "dead eye" look.

I didn't spend a ton of time trying to process since I have had several homework assignments that I figured were probably more important than my continued monkeying with photoshop. I might try to bring out the skin tone later when I have time more time to screw around. Thanks to both of you for the feedback.

Profile shot almost always bad. compossing her in the dead center of the shot, bad. Lighting was bad. How much do you understand about composition?

So wait a second... you snap off a photo without giving it much thought and then ask for some C&C. Then when you get some, your reply is that you had too much homework to really do anything with the photo? What value do you hope to take from that process?

I didn't spend a ton of time trying to process since I have had several homework assignments that I figured were probably more important than my continued monkeying with photoshop. I might try to bring out the skin tone later when I have time more time to screw around. Thanks to both of you for the feedback.

I had other things I could have been doing with my time too, but I did take a minute (or less) to mess with your picture a little, just to give you an idea of another approach you could have taken.

FAIL!

Go back and try again!

I agree with one of the Posters....didn't seem like much thought was put into it - thus whatever comment made would not matter.

If its your first time shooting a person, make sure they can't trace the fingerprints or dental records

Most reactions

New Topics

Back