First Time Using Strobe Lighting - 3 for C&C

Tigertail

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today I had a photo shoot for an acquaintance who owns an online store. This was my first time ever using strobes as well as a backdrop. There's a ton more photos, however, these were the 3 I liked best especially #1 and 2 (the others show off the design of the clothing better if that's a concern). I'm not sure if I like #3 as I find the gates to be distracting. But what are your thoughts on them?

img6976editjpg.jpg

img7045edit.jpg

img7473edit2jpg.jpg

I have no experience using lighting so i won't comment on that. I think they do have potential though. I like to get some practice with editing so i had a go with one of your photos. I used Imageomic and some cross processing. Maybe i over done it as usual...

girledit2.jpg

I dont like how her eye looks in #1. It's just not right. Maybe if she was turned in just a hair more so she wasn't straining to look at te camera. I'm learning flash and lighting too so I can't offer much there but the eye kills it in #1.

I like the outdoor shot, not very fond of the indoor shots, very flat, they need more contrast and face is very dark. Great first start, keep practicing.

I see nothing wrong with the lighting in any of them. I don't find #1 as flattering as the others. There is a glob of hair in #2 on the right hand side that I would edit as I find it distracting from an otherwise very flattering shot.

Nice pictures, beautiful subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back