What's new

First Time Using Telephoto Zoom Lens

VAFalconFan

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern Virginia
I purchased a Canon T3 for Christmas and one of the deals was also getting a Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens. I have just been using the kit lens for the last couple months, but decided to break out the zoom lens in the last couple of days. I took a few pictures of some birds at my bird feeder in my backyard. It worked better than anything I've used before (point-and-shoot, iPhone) but they just weren't amazing. What do you guys think, are there different settings I could have possibly used, or is the quality of the photos limited by my entry level camera and zoom lens? Thanks for any input.
$IMG_0686.webp$IMG_0699.webp$IMG_0704.webp$IMG_0718.webp$IMG_0725.webp
 
75-300 focal length lenses are known for not being the sharpest, if thats the answer your looking for. As for the photos, try to get closer to your subjects, in all of these shots the subject is quite small and can be hard to pick out. Also, the closer you get, the more detail that 75-300 can pick up.
 
The sizes are still a problem.....

In the first two vertical framing with the the topp of the feeder would be better, i feel ; even eliminating the bottle like bottom would give a more natural feeling there

:D
 
I also have that lens. It's not the pick of the litter to say the least...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom