First time with a Micro 4/3

agp

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The only day I go to a place that would push the boundaries of the low light abilities of my X-T1, I forget to bring it...

I took this photo today of a lady, sitting impossibly close to the wall, in Chelsea Market. I was experimenting with the Nikon 1 V2, kit lens 10-30 f3.5-5.6. I did not feel comfortable using the flash or upping the ISO past 800, so I had to do my best to hold the camera steady. Apparently not steady enough.

Critiques and comments welcome.

by hunteryves, on Flickr

Last edited:
sorry but I don't see anything interesting here

If one thing were to change about this photo, what has to change to make it interesting?

If one thing were to change about this photo, what has to change to make it interesting?
Composition. I as a viewer don't see what you saw. You should compose the scene in a way that is clear for everyone who looks at the photo. I would say more but my phone is a pain when typing!

Think about the timing - watch people move in and out of the scene and your viewfinder so you don't have people or chairs etc. cut off awkwardly. Frame a shot and think about the background, the table and chairs; then watch til something interesting happens. Take a picture when people move so that they are 'arranged' in an interesting way in your viewfinder and in your photo. Keep watching, see if the subject turns or moves, and watch people coming by. Keep observing and practicing.

Most reactions

Back