First Try at B&W: C&C

JackRabbit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK, so I realized that one of my photos from a recent shot could be a lot better with a little additional process.

So anyways, here is the original and then the two the follow it are the re-edits. Tear me up. Seriously. Tear me up.

Strobist:
Canon 430EZ shot through softbox, subject left, 1/4 power

4376271311_240472650c_b.jpg

4399498499_38f5512487_b.jpg

4399498521_1ab5835b09_b.jpg

She really pops on #2 despite the green grass throughout the background. :thumbup: #3 looks more sepia to me, or at least something along those lines. It seems as though she sort of blends into the background in the third shot due to the consistent color throughout. Maybe a true black and white edit would work better as you would concentrate on the shadows, highlights, and contrast more. I am just rambling and think you are a much better photographer than I am, so don't rely heavily on my amateur advice.

Nice shot BTW. :lol:

Number 2 is the best and to agree with thebeatles the third does look sepia to me. also it seems a little gloomy.

Here is my edit. I increased the contrast, and filtered the BnW through blue.

bnw.jpg

Not enough light on her face. Either the softbox wasn't properly aimed at her face (I see the catch light..) or you need more power to kill the ambient light which looks to be pretty harsh. Judging by the fact that you shot it at f4.5 and 1/200th, I'd say the later is true. Increase the power, double up flashes in the box if you have to next time to kill the ambient. That or choose a better time to shoot. She's beautiful, and the photo is quite nice, she just needs more light IMO.

I love this picture, but I much prefer the color version. She really has the all-American look going with the freckles and light hair. Really lovely model.

Here was my edit-

4376271311_804a15e76f_b2.jpg

^You went the soft route, transformed, and I usually wouldn't like that.

But it looks great. Good job.

I prefer a more natural looking skin. I just like a more natural look to my portraits. I appreciate you taking the time to do that for me though:)

i like the original best... totally natural. Very mellow shot.. and compliments her perfectly.
I do not like the black and white ( the first one anyway... darker contrasts) something about her freckles.....clashing with the colors... just doesnt do it for me.

Color :thumbup:

Very nice shot though!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back