First try at greater than 1:1

mjhoward

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michaeljeremie.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Could also use some help identifying the little thing. This is about 2:1 magnification and a slight crop. The little bug is about the size of a sunflower seed out of the shell, maybe just a tad bigger. Handheld camera and handheld off camera flash... tough shot :lol:

p452321522-4.jpg

Wow at the hand held part! Was this done with an extension tube? What was the aperture setting?

The lighting looks very natural too, wouldn't think you used a flash.

Kurt, I've always admired your Macro work so I really appreciate the comments.

molested_cow: Thanks! I actually used a reversed Nikkor 28mm f/3.5. The lens has a manual aperture ring and was set to f/16 I believe. The hardest part was since I had the flash in one hand, I had to set the aperture before composing and taking the shot. At f/16 it's not exactly bright! I had to pick the best out of several shots (several slightly OOF) For the lighting, I used an SB-28 with my DIY diffuser:
6585451331_d2647189a2_z.jpg

Very nice.. love the colors, and it is sharp! :)

Your composition on this is just lovely, Mr. Howard. Lighting is good for the subject to boot. Definitly a kudos for you since I know how hard it is to hold for a sharp shot with camera in one hand and flash in the other.

Woot! I really, really like this one! DOF is perfect. Gives a nice feel for the surrounding flower the little guy is sitting on.

Looks good! Focusing at f16 can't have been easy!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back