First try at Green Screen

chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i went out today and bought some green fabric.. please know, i know this picture sucks!!! it was a very quick shot with my one flash.. i just wanted to try it out... i know there is a little bit of green spill in her hair.. i'm working on how to get rid of it all easily.... (any mac program suggestions??? other than photoshop.. anything dedicated for greenscreen is what i'm looking for)

before:
20090220-k8r3x127d5pkcbu8cgdwbns613.jpg

after:
20090220-q38afuxqih82f91yr2ipf9ej78.jpg

pretty good. What method did you use to remove the green? Magic Eraser or the color range option?

pretty good. What method did you use to remove the green? Magic Eraser or the color range option?

i used the magic wand and increased the threshold to make it get as much green as possible... (i think you were the one asking about this earlier this week.. i put a video link in your post on how to do it..

yep that was me lol. I use the color range. It grabs more of the green.

Not bad...but ya, you have to watch out for the green spill. If you can have the model get farther away from the BG, that will help a lot.

As for how to do it...there are many, many different ways to do it in Photoshop. Google extraction or cromakey + photoshop.

thanks for the tip mike.. i did have my bride really close to the screen... like i said, it was just a quick "i wanna test this out" sort of situation.. but your tip helps greatly!!!

just looking at a photoshop plugin by digital anarchy.. called primatte.. it seems pretty easy to use... expensive though.... or ... well... you know

Could be better in my opinion. The background just doesn't look clean. I would say blurring the background more would help. Or use something that doesn't have a pattern to it like paper. Color Range is definitely the way to go by the way. There are some good tuts on the net for this as well.

^^^^like i said.. i know its crappy, its just a quick test...

so I just used Primatte (by digital anarchy) and this edit literally took me 3 minutes to do starting with the original green screen image...

20090220-k2gtuj8wt5kyifr1fgsgh9abcx.jpg

just curious but what's the benefit of using green fabric over any other color? can't you do essentially the same thing with white or black or am i missing something

Well you use either green or blue since your model will probably not wear those colors. You can use other colors but green is used the most. Also if you use black and the models hair is black then you have a problem ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back