First Try At Macro. Please C&C

TheLogan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the first macro style shot with my new Tamron 70-300 macro lens. I know its kind of bright, but...

Bug.jpg

Good: I really like the composition!
Bad: The focus seems off -- the bug is a bit blurred, and it doesn't look like motion blur. However, macro shots are notoriously difficult to get in perfect focus, so I woludn't worry. :)

Yeah, I only noticed the bug was out of focus AFTER I had uploaded it to my computer, haha. but thank you for the support :) and yeah, this took like 10 shots to get it even close to in focus, haha.

well, this is a crop, ill post the original for you. i was probably 2 feet away.

IMG_2123.jpg

with the larger picture you can tall its out of focus. It was light a little father out you would have been in the green, but great job. macro is fun, try shooting morning dew, and frost.
peace
wes

Pretty good starter shot to be honest. Macro is fun and can be REALLY frustrating to say the least when it comes to getting focus just right. You really did do a pretty good job though all things considered.

i Like it, cant wait till i get my new lense so i can do macro.

Thanks everyone! :)

Are you using a tripod? It helps with the focus problem. The problem with hand-held macro shots is that even the act of breathing can change your focal distance enough to soften the shot. I would also suggest you engage mirror lock-up if your camera has it to prevent vibrations when the shot is taken. You can also set your timer or use a remote shutter release to keep from moving the camera. Just a few thoughts.

No, tomhooper, I actually do not own a tripod, but I'm seriously considering getting one. could you recommend any in the >$100 range? I'm on tight budget right now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back