First try... HDR

CW Jones

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
let me know what you think. Is there any potential here or no?

first 3 are the 3 exposures I took.
IMG_1970.jpg

IMG_1971.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

now the HDR.....

3398948859_374aa99819_b.jpg

anyone want to edit and play with them... or show me what an HDR of this image should look like please feel free... just let me know and I can get you the full size images

It looks like you did a good job of blending the 3, but this doesn't look like a real strong photo for an HDR. I think the final product looks a bit washed out too, not real vibrant like some HDR's look (maybe that's not what you were going for). If it were me, I would've shot from an angle that would allow more light to come through the underside of the bridge like the first arch, and got less of the trees but for what you're working with, it looks ok. What program are you using for this?

this was done on CS4 I believe, my friend is the one who actually did it as he has access to it at school and I haven't been able to. so he used CS4 lol I know how to do it as well. maybe I should have said that earlier? haha

I agree that its not the best picture to do it with, but it was last night that I was browsing the site looking at the HDR shots and wanting to see what one of my images would look like done in HDR haha

o wow!!! thats impressive! is photomatrix a free one by any chance?? or cheap at least? haha

hmm they dont have a code you have to type in? I am sure I could have someone I know find it for me...

someone needs to post a tutorial on how to use photomatix. i never know what im adjusting and my HDRs never come out the way I hope they should. im always just guessing when im changing the settings because i have no idea what they and do whatever the preview tells me its doing is never what it comes out to in the end.

someone needs to post a tutorial on how to use photomatix. i never know what im adjusting and my HDRs never come out the way I hope they should. im always just guessing when im changing the settings because i have no idea what they and do whatever the preview tells me its doing is never what it comes out to in the end.

Try searching YouTube I believe there are some good tutorials there for photomatix

One of the TWIP Guys did a really good video on how to use Photomatrix i recomend that you subscribe to there podcast on itunes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back