First wedding - CC/Feedback please

osustamm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few shots from our first wedding shot. I want to know things you like as well as where we could have done better.

4.jpg

Photo 1: Bride and Groom on pew

3.jpg

Photo 2: Wide Angle Church Shot

2.jpg

Photo 3: Bride Church Shot

1.jpg

Photo 4: Groomsmen

6.jpg

Photo 5: Bride on pew

5.jpg

Photo 6: Outside

Thanks a lot!
Cayman Images - Local Business - Bryan, OH | Facebook

I am NOT a professional. I am not even very good. This is just my opinion about what I think about your shots.

1. I would have gotten rid of the dead space on the right and gotten the complete gown in the shot.
2. Subject is centered. Again, the dress is cut off. Could have been better getting rid of the dead space on the right and gotten the full gown/dress.
3. I would even the space between the bride's head and the top of the photo and her feet and the bottom. A shot from a little more to the right moving the distracting flowers from in front of her gown and getting the rest of it in the shot.
4. Looks good except the guy on the right was not smiling. Should have tried getting him to smile even if he was mad the groom got the hot bride =).
5. Gown clipped again. Not a fan of the angle but she looks naturally posed. The raccoon eyes are bad in this shot.
6. Raccoon eyes again. The groom has a horn growing out of the side of his head. Clone that part of the tree out of there.

All in all not a bad job. I only mention the dress/gown so much because usually the brides spend a LOT of money on them and most of them would want the whole thing in the shot.

I am sure others will be along with better C&C but that is what I have to offer.

#5 is my favorite.

Excellent critique posted by John2005. Overall, they're a nice set, but with a lot of minor technical issues; poor cropping choices and incorrect exposure, BUT, they're a start. As John pointed out, brides can pay $5000 - 10,000 for their gown. You have to get that right! The best way to do this is incidenct metering.

LOVE the feedback so far! And you are 100% correct on the dress shots.

and .................................I hate the way rented tuxes fit. LOL!

WB seems off.. the dress is whiter in some pics and not as white in others.
Bit under exposed in some shots and cropping too tight
Not a fan of the oversized water mark.

The only one that seems relatively sharp to me is #6 which was outside.

EXIF data is stripped, but for the indoor shots, did you have to run extensive noise reduction or use a very slow shutter speed?

Maybe it's just me, but they all look a bit soft. Cropping, white balance, and exposure have already been mentioned. I would take care of a few of the detail type stuff like getting rid of the electrical outlet in shot number 1.

Most reactions

Back