First Wedding....need feedback

roxysmom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! I had my first wedding this weekend. It was a cousin who had not planned on hiring a professional photographer. I have really wanted to get wedding photography so I jumped at the chance. I purchased a Nikon D40, sb600 flash, flash bracket, flash diffuser, I have a 18-135 lens and I rented a 17-55 for the event. I'm signed up for several classes in my area, I have two more practice weddings coming up and I am thrilled.

I appreciate all the wonderful help and tips I've received from this forum it has helped me feel comfortable with taking my first steps!

I posted my favorite images below. I sent about 20 to get printed as a "test" before putting together her proof album.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb302/roxysmom_photos/?

Looks like you did a good job on your first time out. :thumbup:

I cringed a little when I read "I have two more practice weddings coming up". I hope that means that you will be practicing but that there will be a hired pro there as well.

Being the 'only' photographer for a wedding is not a time for practicing. It's one thing to shoot a wedding when it's either you or nobody...but these are supposed to be once in a lifetime thing.

If you are going to shoot weddings, make sure you have backup. A 2nd camera, a 2nd flash etc...

I don't mean to be discouraging...you have potential so go for it...but don't put yourself in a situation that could derail your plans.

Nice. I love i think it was labeled 250? The one with the bride alone sitting in the grass. Great job.

When I mean "practice" I mean I'm not charging I'm doing it as a favor. I've been lucky to find a few people who did not have money for a photographer so I'm doing it for them. They were just going to use pictures that friends and family took.

Did you cosider making any changes to these in an estiting program? I saw yours were ok to edit and I played with one but only quickly so the color is off on this. Some people only like an all natural imge with no enhancements but I am a sucker for added contrast and saturation. I'm a weirdo though. :)

wedding.jpg

That does look nice. I had done touch-up work already but it appears you cropped it differently and made the rings stand out? Anything else I'm missing? When you "fix" photos what generally do you focus on? I guess I'm asking what is your favorite thing to do?

I could not get it to post but I did take a few shots, made them b&w then made her flowers in color.

I did it kinda quick just to show you but I played wiht the levels and then the contrast and the saturation.There was a mark on her arm I took off and I lifted her chin a little. I darkened her eyelashes and I brightened her jewelry. I also painted over her tanlines. :) I have been paying a bit of my attention to elsaspet. I didnt crop it but I added a border which would only be for putting it on here bot really for printing.

DSC_0489.jpg

wedding.jpg

I really like it. How did you get rid of the tan lines?

Hello! I had my first wedding this weekend. It was a cousin who had not planned on hiring a professional photographer. I have really wanted to get wedding photography so I jumped at the chance. I purchased a Nikon D40, sb600 flash, flash bracket, flash diffuser, I have a 18-135 lens and I rented a 17-55 for the event. I'm signed up for several classes in my area, I have two more practice weddings coming up and I am thrilled.

I appreciate all the wonderful help and tips I've received from this forum it has helped me feel comfortable with taking my first steps!

I posted my favorite images below. I sent about 20 to get printed as a "test" before putting together her proof album.

I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Molly Baker s roxysmom photos Library Photobucket?

You did a really great job especially for a first wedding!! The only thing i could say is that your black and whites lack a little contrast but other than that great job!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back