First Wedding Shootout Ever

NayLoMo6C

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tagged along a professional wedding photographer today at Napa, CA, and decided that I'll do some shots of my own. Used only my canon 50D and tamron 17-50 lens with no flash ( ambient light only on all shots)

1 $IMG_9965-Edit_zpsb14a9c80.jpg
2$IMG_9952-Edit_zps5ac18d2c.jpg
3$IMG_0005_zpsed9a8e70.jpg
4$IMG_9766-Edit_zpscf6eec81.jpg
5$IMG_9899-Edit-Edit_zpsb3ea6c74.jpg
6$IMG_9887-Edit_zps95636461.jpg
7$IMG_9875-Edit_zps7bb84db2.jpg
8$IMG_9848-Edit_zps780ceac6.jpg
9$IMG_9836_zpsec9a9621.jpg
10$IMG_9741-Edit_zpsa1c5a89f.jpg

CC on compositions/lighting/anything appreciated :)

There are way to many to comment on them individually, but in general, I'm not a fan of the tilted horizons. Some of them could have been quite nice without the tilt (#3). It looks like a few could have benefited from some fill flash.

For me there are too many wonky shots. I quite like the first one with the low lighting

It's already been discussed, but most of them need straightened. I like #3 for composition, but the tilt is hurting it.

There are way to many to comment on them individually, but in general, I'm not a fan of the tilted horizons. Some of them could have been quite nice without the tilt (#3). It looks like a few could have benefited from some fill flash.

It's already been discussed, but most of them need straightened. I like #3 for composition, but the tilt is hurting it.

To piggy back off of these comments. Tilting the horizon should serve some purpose...for example, a child learning to ride a bike you might want to tilt it to give the illusion of an uphill climb to learn or something of that nature. The reason the tilt is hurting your photos here is because of that very reason, we don't see what it adds to the photo.

Joe said what I couldn't. Compare this to the original. You don't loose much of the scene, other than to tell there is a vineyard in the background.

$IMG_0005_zpsed9a8e70.jpg

- to all who commented, thanks for your feedback! got it with the tilting problem

Most reactions

Back