First wedding - Whew...

One thing not mentioned that was a nice subtle touch is how you managed to keep the heavier set folks framed so that they really didn't come off as being that heavy. I see that from time to time when a photo really highlights some really unflattering aspects of someone's weight.

Great job IMO.:thumbup:

One thing not mentioned that was a nice subtle touch is how you managed to keep the heavier set folks framed so that they really didn't come off as being that heavy. I see that from time to time when a photo really highlights some really unflattering aspects of someone's weight.

Great job IMO.:thumbup:
Thank you for that!

You are absolutely right. It was a high priority for me to highlight the great moments of the wedding day and the beautiful bride, and to shoot from different perspectives to eliminate this issue. It's an interesting balancing act to do that while trying to shoot tight and be original in execution in the process. I figure, hey, it can only get easier from here!

Whoever said that wedding photography is the hardest photo job has got to be right. It's all about adapting... to different personalities, shooting situations and unexpected occurrences, and you have to say completely cool and collected for the duration (or at least appear so).

It's satisfying in a completey twisted sort of way :)

I really appreciate the good feedback, I was pretty terrified (even during the shoot) that I would never shoot another wedding. First, I felt like I was completely out of my element. It's amazing that as a wedding photographer, all of your planning kind of goes out the window as the days events unfold in ways you would have NEVER expected.

I've checked out your Flikr and you really have some talent. Just be confident in yourself, you are doing a great job!

You have an eye for composition. Great shots for a first wedding. Technical things will come along. Keep on clicking. You have got a future.

Wedding industry is the least regulated when it comes to photography. There are some very bad wedding photographers out there making money. I am suprised how many people don't know the difference between good or bad.

I really appreciate the good feedback, I was pretty terrified (even during the shoot) that I would never shoot another wedding. First, I felt like I was completely out of my element. It's amazing that as a wedding photographer, all of your planning kind of goes out the window as the days events unfold in ways you would have NEVER expected.

I've checked out your Flikr and you really have some talent. Just be confident in yourself, you are doing a great job!
Haha, thank you for the (timely) kind words.

I would be lying if I said I was not getting a bit down on myself lately as not having enough talent. I've been spending a bit of time just perusing some of the work on Flickr for inspiration, and it can be a bit discouraging. There are those with ridiculous amounts of talent, and it's tough to look at where I'm at and be content. I'm trying to use that as motivation to get better.

Wow I am quite impressed. I'm not a pro by any means but had I been in your shoes...well lets just say I wouldn't be showing off the shots lol. I don't foresee myself shooting professionally anytime soon, but your photos are an inspiration to ME. Keep up the great work. I hope to catch the next wedding set you do!

It's amazing that as a wedding photographer, all of your planning kind of goes out the window as the days events unfold in ways you would have NEVER expected.

LOL... this is soooo true. From weather, to bossy people, uncooperative kids (and adults too), bad light, equipment failure, traffic,... so much is out of your control.

I totally hear you guys. I used to plan for this and that. Where I would take the shots, how I would do it.

LOL. No way. Weddings are crazytown. You might get some ideas, but be ready to throw them out the window.

No one is on time. Your outdoor location is rained out. Everyone is stressed out. The other half have been drinking all day. :) You just can't plan for this stuff.

That's why on the weding day, I just kind of roll with it. The fave shots are always the candid stuff anyways.

Haha, thank you for the (timely) kind words.

I would be lying if I said I was not getting a bit down on myself lately as not having enough talent. I've been spending a bit of time just perusing some of the work on Flickr for inspiration, and it can be a bit discouraging. There are those with ridiculous amounts of talent, and it's tough to look at where I'm at and be content. I'm trying to use that as motivation to get better.

I wouldn't spend too much time looking at other stuff. Yes, some, just to get your bearings, but don't let it affect your style, which is really good naturally. You have an eye, and you can't really learn that.
You might be different from others, but you don't want to look like the masses. Embrace that. Brand that.
You are really really good. I look forward to seeing more of your photos.
Good job mate!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back