lostprophet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
yqusx3.jpg

Oh that is beautiful!! The feather details are amazing! :hail:

Amber

Nice capture...the intense look, and all set up to grab something (look at the spread of those talons!)

cheers

it was going for prey, they had moved the 'lake' to one of the other demo grounds

I know I sound like a broken record (remember those) but LP, this is another super image. Great work, again.

That's simply an awsome picture. Exposure is dead-on.

Spot on mate.

Curious 'bout your 400mm f/2.8. Is that a fixed focal length or a zoom? And also (stupidly asked) is that "some of the "L" glass"?

Okay, one final question. How many meters (hehehe) were you from the bird?

FIRST OF ALL

I HATE THIS NEW QUICK REPLY BOX!!!!!!

sorry about that

I use either the Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8 IS L or the Canon 300mm F2.8 IS L
sometimes with a 2x extender and at some point I will be trying out my new 1.4x extender

the 300mm is a fixed focal length lens so no zooming, which was a bit difficult to begin with, I'm just not used to big fixed lenses.

My bird shots are 95% handheld to give me the freedom to follow the bird.

The other 5% are used with a Wimberley II gimbal head. Comes in very handy when in a hide or the light is going.

I was about 9 meters away :lol:

as for where they are taken...

small garden birds
all taken from my mates hide

birds or prey
all taken at either The Hawk Conservancy Trust or The British Wildlife Centre. Unless they are Red Kites, they are taken in the wild.

Waterfowl
50/50 wild and wetland centres

Otters
all at wildlife parks, sadly I've never seen a wild one, but the good news is that after facing years of persecution in the UK they are on the increase :)

rest of my shots
well baring in mind I live in the UK and have no passport you can bet your last dollar they were not taken in Africa :lol:

many thanks for the replies

oh stop it quick reply is great...as is the shot!

Amazing! the sharpness is awesome.

It's a good thing you put all your photos in different threads because otherwise we would have a dead forum member.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back