Fish pictures for C&C

KylePeterson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Couple aquarium shots. Would love some feedback!

Doug1.jpg

Doug4.jpg

Very nice. The yellow plant (or whatever it's called) in the first photo is distracting, but I know it's hard to get fish to move to just the right spot... :p

The second one is very nice.

I like #1 the best. Amazing sharpness for 1/40. How did you get it to hold still?

#2 is technically very well done, nice dof like the first picture, but it doesn't do much for me.

I am more impressed at how you got your clown to sit semi still at least! mine move SOOO much anytime I get within like 2 feet of the tank haha. Great detail in both, I like the one of the clown over the goby because you can see the scales on the clown

Wow - amazing pics Kyle, gerat work. Can you share any pic data? (iso, F-stop, etc.)

I like #1 the best. Amazing sharpness for 1/40. How did you get it to hold still?

#2 is technically very well done, nice dof like the first picture, but it doesn't do much for me.

How do you figure out that he shot a 1/40? :/

Also, great pics.

The second one has some white spots, so it would be nice to clone those out.

EDIT: saw it was OK to edit your pics:
Doug4-1.jpg

Last edited:

I got lucky and took a lot of shots. I ended up with a bunch of blurry, poor pictures, and about 5 good ones

I didn't even use a tripod for these. I just started shooting, and playing with some settings. I couldn't believe the 1/40 shutter didn't blur.

#1 - f-5.6, 1/40, ISO 400
#2 - f-5.6, 1/125, ISO 400

Seward, it looks great! Thanks for the edit. I thought the spots were on my computer, and didn't even notice them!

Doug1.jpg

Fixed the first one too. Just a few small blemishes so it was pretty easy to fix!

And no problem for the edit, it's good practice for me :)

Nice shots!
They are both very sharp and great DOF

Very nicely done. A buddy of mine has been having a heck of a time with his tank and taking pics... he thinks due to the enormous amount of UV light in his particular tank.

These are really nice, particularly at 1/40th of a second. Well done.

Most reactions

Back