Fish x 3 & daughter (no relation - to the fish!)

andythebrave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's some more that I'd appreciate some opinions on. Again all with my (increasingly) lamented late SP500UZ.

First 3 at the St Malo Aquarium in Brittany (which is darn dark inside) with the last on the beach at St Suliac a few km down the road.

#1 Artificial light - full auto
P4050590.jpg

#2 Artificial light - full auto
P4050655.jpg

#3 Artificial light, Manual exposure - underexposed 3 stops
P4050594.jpg

Daylight - full auto with auto level fill flash
P4070760.jpg

The one the girl (your daughter?) is the best of this series. The fish just don't seem to have any thought of composition to them. It's almost like, "hey I see a fish, I would like to take a picture of it." The one that is underexposed is the best of the fish ones for me. Although, I personally would have liked to see it maybe by it's self. Just a thought.

Yes, I see what you mean. I think I got caught out with the confusion that arises when one's memory of a place influences the impression of the photograph thus making the image more than the image in the eyes of the photographer.

When standing back, figuratively, the fish look just like...fish with nothing in particular going for them.

The underexposed one was an experiment and would possibly have been far more striking without the rock bottom left. It's also lacking in sharpness (slightly) because of the length of the exposure and lack of any stabilisation. My fault, should have leant on the wife or braced the camera against the aquarium glass.

Thanks for the comments.

That is one creepy creature in the first shot. Makes me want to back away slowly...

Your daughter is adorable. Nice shot!

Yes, I thought that at the time but remembered in the nick of time that there were sharks a lurking behind.

Thanks re daughter, she's obviously inherited her father's looks.

Hmm.

Most reactions

Back