Fisheye Archicecture with one horse and one lion

zulu42

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'll add to this thread, might post most of the roll! This is an Olympus OM-2 with a neat 16mm fisheye lens. The outer lens element is convex so it has built in yellow, orange, and uv filters. Arista 200 film.
Thanks for looking!

fisharch.jpg

I think this is a damn nice lens, I've never seen a 16mm around here, but it's true that Olympus (film or digital, by the way) has not really been able to attract a large audience in the Netherlands. High prices for second-hand on Ebay, but I know the quality of Olympus lenses so I'm not really surprised. Have fun with this asset!

That's pretty cool to have built in filters! I like the lines in #1 with the added surprise of the horse looking random, and the fisheye effect of the second. The black and white element works for me with the subject of buildings.

I think this is a damn nice lens, I've never seen a 16mm around here, but it's true that Olympus (film or digital, by the way) has not really been able to attract a large audience in the Netherlands. High prices for second-hand on Ebay, but I know the quality of Olympus lenses so I'm not really surprised. Have fun with this asset!
Thank you GK! I like the distortion and I've learned to be careful with my focusing hand on the lens as it has showed up in several shots.
That's pretty cool to have built in filters! I like the lines in #1 with the added surprise of the horse looking random, and the fisheye effect of the second. The black and white element works for me with the subject of buildings.
Thank you kindly much appreciated.

Thank you GK! I like the distortion and I've learned to be careful with my focusing hand on the lens as it has showed up in several shots.

Thank you kindly much appreciated.
I totally recognize the problem with hands and...feet! I read this lens has a 180° diagonal, my digital Meike 6.5mm circular has 190° in all directions and I was shocked when I first used the lens, only feet and fingers in view! The advantage of digital...you can keep shooting endlessly, because it costs nothing. It's particularly nice that filters are built into this 16mm lens, something like that would certainly be a plus for the digital Meike 6.5mm lens if, for example, there were 1 or 2 built-in ND filters, and then such a lens may be more expensive in my opinion. As a real "wide angle fanatic" I'm jealous I can tell you!

. It's particularly nice that filters are built into this 16mm lens, something like that would certainly be a plus for the digital Meike 6.5mm lens if, for example, there were 1 or 2 built-in ND filters, and then such a lens may be more expensive in my opinion. As a real "wide angle fanatic" I'm jealous I can tell you!
built in ND is a neat idea. I think the brain has an ability to correct distortion - somewhat. To view an image like this, you can see the distortion, but you can also quickly decipher and "see" the image with straight lines. To me, anyway.

fisharch-6.jpg

@zulu42 Great Set, love them all...while a fisheye can limit one's shooting they are loads of fun with the right subject...

Most reactions

Back