Fishing? Ocean not fresh water.

I used to fish a lot, I did sea fishing in Cornwall and have the rod and gear, course fishing in Kent and have the rod and all the gear and I also have a fly rod but never used it. I really should get back into it but i stopped because I had a lot of other stuff going on like school and university that I wanted to concentrate on.

Yep! I'm loove to fish. I mainly do light tackle game fishing for marlin, when we get the chance. But our boat is usually working too much, so the only days it doesn't work the weather's crap. :-( See it's a charter boat, so everyone else gets to enjoy it but not us... :-(

Here's our really really bad website of our boat if you want to have a look. http://www.newmoon.com.au/

Salt and Fresh.... whenever and wherever I can....

I fish anywhere for anything. My house is by the water here in Norther Ontario, lying on the northern end of Lake Huron/North Channel. Out from my dock I can catch pike, bass, perch, musky and pickerel (walleye). Plus virtually every freshwater fish is within a half hour's drive of my house. I also fish salt water any chance I get. Maybe I will go for the Belizean Grand Slam when I am there in Feb.

I used to love fishing. When I was young we would fish the Jersey shore and Martha's Vineyard. I remember that the fish were far away and that it was a workout getting them in. When I moved to the high country I immediately took to fly fishing. I loved how the fish were barely 14 feet away. Plus seeing trout rise for your fly is one of the coolest experiences ever. Then I accidentally filled my waders while fishing the Firehole in Yellowstone. At this moment in time I am not comfortable with moving water.

I live in Illinois...there is no saltwater around here! My family (mom's side) grew up on the river, though, and even though I haven't gone fishing since I was a kid, I still kinda like it. My grandparents used to run a gravel pit that led out onto the river, and charged people to dock and fish in the area...they sold bait and stuff like that too. Unfortunately, they didn't own the land, they just ran it (for YEARS)...and the land got sold, and now the new owners destroyed it.

I grew up fishing with my mum and uncle off the rocks at the beach. This turned into surf casting, and hopefully when I go home some marlin fishing. Its fun, and for some strange reason I find winding the reel therapeutic :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back