Website
www.flickr.com
JC_38281-parkweb.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I'd love to hear what you think.

JC

Nice shots!

it came out really good.:thumbup:

How do you go about pasting in the skier in your shot? (If you don't mind me asking) I've been trying to do something similar but I always end up with hard edges around my selections :(

Set the camera in one position. set focus on manual so the frame background does not change. Take several photos from the same position as the subject moves threw the frames. Take all the photos into something such as photoshop and layer them on top of each other. Then just mask in the person on each frame. Flatten, save and there ya go..

I can do a tutorial for you if needed.

Set the camera in one position. set focus on manual so the frame background does not change. Take several photos from the same position as the subject moves threw the frames. Take all the photos into something such as photoshop and layer them on top of each other. Then just mask in the person on each frame. Flatten, save and there ya go..

I can do a tutorial for you if needed.

thanks, it might be helpful.;)

I was on the right path but what I am having problems with is with the masking. I'm using the magic wand tool to select my "objects/subjects" but then when I flatten everything up I get harsh borders, and then it all ends looking unnatural. Specially when working with hair, tree branches, grass,..

Im a big fan of the multiple person shots like this. It came out great

Thanks everyone!

I actually didn't use a tripod for this sequence, or any sequence i do like this. (it isn't fun carrying a tripod down the mountain);)

That being said, its much harder to stitch together then NoelNTexas describes, as you can't simply layer the full images on top of each other.

I'm using the magic wand tool to select my "objects/subjects" but then when I flatten everything up I get harsh borders, and then it all ends looking unnatural. Specially when working with hair, tree branches, grass,..

I generally use the first image as the background. Then i move to the next image in the sequence and use the "circular marquee tool" to cut out the skier/boarder. I then drag it into the first image (which creates a new layer) and change the opacity to something like 50-75% so i can see what I'm covering up and help line up the skier correctly. Once i feel the skier is in the correct position i grab my eraser tool and with a fair sized fuzzed edged eraser, i run it around the circle to get rid of the harsh edge. The fact that the sky is so blue helps enormously in this case, but much of the time its a nightmare trying to fit them together smoothly... in those situations you just have to get creative.

if you still have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

JC

Most reactions

New Topics

Back