Fixing color variations from image to image

marciebaby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone,
I took several snapshots of my littlest kiddos the last few days against the same beige wall. They came out so different, I suppose I should have used a gray card, but even the background colors are so off-due to different times of day, different distances from the wall... I have lightroom 2 and CS4. Is there anyway to get the colors more uniform so the images would be suitable for framing? I uploaded two photos to my gallery as an example (I'm assuming you can access it somehow from here, but I'm new and could be wrong).
Other forms of criticism are welcome as well. I would like to improve my photography skills, so don't hold back.
Thanks,
Marcie

Sure, within limits
Am on vacation with no workable PPing but, in short, pick a single spot on the wall that you can id in each picture.
Using INFO get the rgb readings from that spot,
then adjust the rgb readings on the other picture using a curves layer to match.

For a tutorial on this search for 'skin color correction using curves. https://www.google.com/search?q=col...7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

Thank you so much for that! I have it looking pretty good taking various samples from the images-blacks, whites, light skin tones, cheeks etc. and changing the input/output values. One quick question, though: Should I take RGB samples all at once, or should I make a change to the blacks, then get the color info for the whites, change the input values on the whites, then get samples from the lips, change the values for the lips...

I have no idea.

but, if the wb is off, changing first the red, then, green, then blue (no specific order) but at one spot should fix everything across the entire image.

I'm finding I can either match their skin tones or the wall behind them, not both. I appreciate your help so much. I'm so much closer now than I was earlier.

Most reactions

Back