Flag Garden - Boston Common

Shamrock77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.markmcnultywriter.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There is a Flag Garden set up on Boston Common each Memorial Day weekend, with 37,000 planted flags for the number of service men and women lost from Massachusetts since the Revolutionary War. I made a visit there to experiment with the camera some more. These are two of my favorites and I wanted to post them for C&C from others. Still in the learning process but hopefully some good here. Aside from general critique I would love to know which one you like better and why. Thanks!

$Flag Garden 1.jpg

$Flag Garden 2.jpg

Attachments

• $Flag Garden 1.jpg
    $Flag Garden 1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 100
  • $Flag Garden 2.jpg
    $Flag Garden 2.jpg
    939 KB · Views: 66
I see what you were trying to do in the second one(selecting a flag to focus on), but due to the lack of separation, it's a little visually confusing. The first one is very, very well done. Very emotional.

... and I originally hoped to post them larger than that. If anyone has a tip on how to make it larger so you can examine it with more detail that would be great. My original file was too large to upload.

very nice! breathtaking how many flags are there.

... and I originally hoped to post them larger than that. If anyone has a tip on how to make it larger so you can examine it with more detail that would be great. My original file was too large to upload.

Actually, 4892 x 3530 is a good size.

I salute them for their service and the sacrifice they made for what they thought was right. These shots convey a very powerful story to me that leave me with mixed feelings, but i like them.

Thanks... I think I am partial to #1 also. It was one of those cases where that one stood out to me... and then a friend mentioned he liked #2 a lot... and I began to debate between them in my head. And, being so new, I still always debate general quality too. I appreciate the feedback more than you know. Will be sure to return the favor asap.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back