Flash..., bang..., alakazam!

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
my website is driving me crazy at the moment.

First off, I've got no idea how flash works.
Second, I've got no idea how flash works. :-(

Can anyone help me fix a pretty complex flash website? www.travellingphotographers.com

The problem is the fourth gallery "polaroids" is only showing up one thumbnail even though there are more in there somewhere, and it also won't display that thumb as the large photo.

:confused:

If you can help in anyway, could you please let me know???
Thanks! :mrgreen:

oh... and I'm back from the USA! :mrgreen: photos will come shortly

How did you get this far? What application are you using...
Seems like it could pre-load the gallery images rather than showing a load bar for each selected image. I'm no flash guru so this is just a bump and a few thoughts.

-Shea

Is this that simpleview thingy? Your best bet is to contact the people who created the flash app you're using. But first I'd try deleting that catagory and starting from the begining. It may solve the problem and get it how you want.

You think you've got it bad? My site has been dead since I renewed the domain! Yet cpanel and everything else works fine.

Is the site content managed ? If so, have a check over any xml files (or whatever system it uses) for any unescaped characters which could be causing the file to corrupt and fail.

Long shot really, but like ferny said, starting that portfolio section a-fresh would be a good idea.

Very nice site btw :thumbup:

Oh actually looking back at it, the reason the image isn't displaying is an error in your XML located at http://www.travellingphotographers.com/cgal.xml

The line reading ...

<image id="1" thumb="thumb1.jpg" thumbGray="thumb-gray1.jpg" img="img1.jpg" title="Doggy Style" description="" seriesTitle="Bow - wow"/>

Should read ...

<image id="1" thumb="thumb1.jpg" thumbGray="thumb-gray1.jpg" img="im1.jpg" title="Doggy Style" description="" seriesTitle="Bow - wow"/>

You will also see that there are no other entries for this category (gallery ID 6).

Why the hell does it say doggy style? hehehehehe That's funny!

hehehe. Ok I'll try to get that bit fixed up.
Thank you sooo much for your help.
I've got no idea how you figured that out. Whenever I look at those xml files it just all looks like gibberish.... i'm slowly getting there though.

Ferny, Ls3D, I downloaded a template from a website that sells them. Then I got my friend who runs a website business to put all the content in there... but it's a bit too complex for both of us I think...

We're also having trouble with the Contact form... the emails aren't coming through to the email address we've put in. :-(

Never did much like flash...
Glad you figured it out though.
I can do HTML, but I'm taking a class right now on Javascript...hopefully that adds to my usefulness as a web developer. I wanna learn PHP.

hmm, i would of thought it would have been written in action script... It's been far too long since I've studied development. Wish I could help, but I'm out of the loop these days :(

I like your photos by the way. Particularly some selections in the real estate folio.

Why the hell does it say doggy style? hehehehehe That's funny!

:lol: I wasn't going to question it, but it did amuse my when i read it ! :D

I've got no idea how you figured that out. Whenever I look at those xml files it just all looks like gibberish.... i'm slowly getting there though.

It was inconsistant with the rest of the file naming, so i took a wild guess ;)

Ferny, Ls3D, I downloaded a template from a website that sells them. Then I got my friend who runs a website business to put all the content in there... but it's a bit too complex for both of us I think...

That's an awsome template. I keep going back to look at it ! Partly 'cos it's one of the best portfolio sites i've seen in a while, and partly because the photos are so good ! Like hawkeye said, the real estate ones are awsome.

We're also having trouble with the Contact form... the emails aren't coming through to the email address we've put in. :-(

If you're sending the emails to an address other than one associated with the webserver it could be a problem with blacklisting. In which case, try sending one to a local (relative to the server) mailbox and see if that works :wink:

oh just another quick question.

Why does it say thumbGray="thumb-gray1.jpg" ?

None of the other entries have that in them...

I'll try that email idea.

hehehehe... i was thinking, maybe I should leave the doggy style comment in there... I might get more google hits then. hehehe :)

Why does it say thumbGray="thumb-gray1.jpg" ?

I don't think thumbGray is a required attribute to be honnest. The link is dead anyway. I would just follow the same schema as the other parts of the file ...

<image id="" img="" thumb="" title="" description=""/>

Just for consistancy.

hehehehe... i was thinking, maybe I should leave the doggy style comment in there... I might get more google hits then. hehehe :)

:lol:

At first when i looked at the XML file i thought the description didn't matter, but it does actually pop up on the site when you hover at the top of the image to the left of the nav, hehe. :lmao:

Most reactions

Back