flash or lens

archer379

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
heres my proplem this time of year i dont ussually have a whole lot of cash laying around due to x mas birthdays and so forth. I found a extra 300.00 so my question is do i buy the nikon sb600 flash or the 55 200 vr lens cant seem to make up my mind

heres my proplem this time of year i dont ussually have a whole lot of cash laying around due to x mas birthdays and so forth. I found a extra 300.00 so my question is do i buy the nikon sb600 flash or the 55 200 vr lens cant seem to make up my mind

Do you only have the 18-55mm for the D40? What do you usually take pictures of?

It depends on what you're gonna be taking pictures of. I got my 55-200mm since I love taking outdoor pictures and I have no regrets. But now I want to get an sb600.

i have the 18- 55 and a 50mm. I take shots f buildings, wild life, cars. i am pretty new and havent really found what i like most

Which item do you think you'd benefit from more? A longer lens or the flash?

If you find yourself wishing you had a longer lens and not wishing you could shoot more in low light situations, get the lens.

If you find yourself wishing you could shoot more in low light situations and you don't think about wanting a longer zoom, get the flash.

see if you can get yourself a sb800 cheap somewhere because its discontinued but a good flash and should be cheap... personally I am not going to buy cheaper glass anymore... this glass is quite slow unless you shoot outside in daylight 90% of the time then it might be ok.. but trying to get motion on low light will be next to impossible.

I was in the same dilemma and decided to go with the 55-200mm VR because i shoot more outdoors during the days and could benefit more from a longer range, but now i'm saving up for an sb-400 or sb-600 (Can't decide if i can really justify the extra $$ for the 600 since i probably wouldn't use the extra features). So I guess what i'm saying is, get both! But maybe choose which one is more of a priority to you, and then get the other one later down the road.

Go with the 600, it is much better.

well just look at your lens arsenal and think back when you were taking your photos did you ever say "man I need more range." If no i would go with the sb600. Also if you do any photos indoors I would sugggest the 600. If it were me I would go for the 600. I bought a sb800 and it made a huge diffrence in my photos and with my d200 gives me alot of flexability.

Most reactions

Back