Flash trigger for Hasselblad H1?

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, anyone know if there's a TTL flash trigger out there for a Hasselblad H1? Obviously doesn't need to be HSS capable (leaf shutter), just TTL.

Oh, and I should ask, will my Yongnuo 622 trigger do TTL through this thing?

Any radio trigger should work for straight triggering (Cactus, YN, PW, etc), but I'm not aware of ANY third-party trigger that will do Hassy TTL.

Damn, I don't know that any first party triggers exist, either. Well that sucks.

I thought Hasselblads were so advanced they were simple....like the Canon AE-1 Program: "So advanced, it's simple!"

But seriously...(not!)...I thought Hasselblads were so advanced they could simply compute the exposure from any flash unit, in a sort of Divine Omniscience kinda way.... No???

We'll have to see on this one, Derrel. I have the flash triggers, and once the camera comes in, I plan to do some science with it.

I dunno...I only do TTL now on Nikon...everything else I shoot with Pocket Wizards and Speedotron pack-and-head flash and AC wall current or a Tronix inverter/battery setup. I just do not see a lot of need for TTL flash control **EXCEPT** for single-flash measurement...I cannot understand the need for multi-flash TTL.
Anyway. I searched for "TTL modules for Hasselblad", and got a few results, so there are/were some TTL modules for speedlights made by Metz. SCA 390 I think is their protocol? Not really sure how the numbering nomenclature was arrived at. How about Q-flash?

Lumedyne uses the QF-19 cord for their TTL for Hasselblad system....not sure how old this is, V- or H-system? http://www.lumedyne.com/dload/065m.pdf

TTL modules for Hasselblad - Google Search

I looked into that Lumedyne/Quantum thing, looks like it's for the 555EL/D or 553EL/X models, I'm guessing. In fact, most TTL modules apparently are. This thing has a standard hot shoe. I think I'll live just fine with manual flash control on this thing.

Most reactions

Back