Flash Wont Fire, at All

EhJsNe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Today, I was when I went to take a picture of my nephew, the flash didnt go off.
I tried changing the batteries, but it still didnt go off. I tried a different set, and still no flash.

A little teeny flash will ocasionaly be visible when shooting at full power, but not enough to light up anything.

The flash is a SUNPAK auto 222 Thyristor.
I tried firing it on my Nikon FM10, Olympud Trip 35, and Yashica Electro 35, trying both hot shoe and the PC Sync. Also I tried firing it by itself.

It just wont go off. Could the bulb have burned out?

does it have an indicator light in the back that alerts you when charging the strobe? If it does try firing it and if the light indicates it is charging the strobe then your strobe has gone to bulb heaven if it does not change then your hot shoe is probably shot.
Another possibility is that a wire is shot and needs replacing

Sorry, I have no experience with older flashes.

does it have an indicator light in the back that alerts you when charging the strobe? If it does try firing it and if the light indicates it is charging the strobe then your strobe has gone to bulb heaven if it does not change then your hot shoe is probably shot.
Another possibility is that a wire is shot and needs replacing

It does has an idicator, and when i push the "test" button, the light doesnt go off like it should when I use it at full power.

I know for a fact my hot shoe isnt shot, Ive used a different flash on it, just to make sure everything was all good.
And I also tested the flash on 3 different cameras, using both ways of connecting it. (both hot shoe and PC Sync) its not the cameras.

Well, if it did go to the blulb heaven, maybe itll meet a nice AlienBees studio strobe and live forever in happyness.... :(

What wire would you be talking about?

Most reactions

Back